That’s what I call a cupcake!
If the Queen is as much of a fan of cupcakes as I am she’s going to be pretty happy with this baked creation.
This video of bakers constructing a Jubilee cake in the Queen’s likeness is truly amazing.
It took more than 1,000 eggs, 150 bags of sugar (150kg) and 200 packets of butter (52kg) to bake the 3120 individual cakes which make up the nine-square meter (94 sq ft) portrait portrait… and 36kg of marzipan to decorate it.
The cake is a lemon flavoured Victoria sponge with apricot jam, marzipan and (one would have to assume Royal) icing!
I hope Her Majesty saves me a piece!
To subscribe to my blog click here and add it to your favourite RSS service by clicking the link to the right of the page (Safari) or selecting it from the drop down at the top of the page (ie and Firefox).
- yazzyfar likes this
- kerrymccaw likes this
- annieandrews likes this
- cravebykathy reblogged this from danniiminogue
- angelfishofmusic likes this
- happymambo reblogged this from danniiminogue and added:
- soundthebells likes this
- davidjwatson reblogged this from danniiminogue
- nicolakirstie reblogged this from danniiminogue
- findingisabella likes this
- danniiminogue posted this